ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (AINP)
Alberta is a Western Province of Canada. It is one of Canada’s most economically and socially dynamic provinces.
Alberta is bounded by the provinces of British Columbia to the west and Saskatchewan to the east, the Northwest Territories to the north, and the US state of Montana to the south. Alberta has a relatively high rate of growth mainly because of its vast natural resources.
The AINP, Albert’s Provincial Nominee Program facilitates prospective immigrants with skills and experience to be Nominated by the Province. At which time they may receive an Alberta Provincial Nominee Certificate. Individuals nominated by the Government of Alberta, together with their spouse/common-law partner and dependent children, can apply for permanent residence through CIC as a Provincial Nominee.
The program supports Alberta's economic growth by attracting and retaining work-ready immigrants to the province.
The AINP consists of three main immigration streams:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category – Tradespersons who hold either an Alberta Qualification Certificate or a Recognized Trade Certificate may be eligible under this category. Individuals must be residing in Alberta on a valid work permit at the time of application and work in a compulsory or optional trade.
- Engineering Occupations Category – This category was designed for engineers, designers and drafters with Alberta work experience. Applicants must work in one of the designated occupations.
- Post Graduate Worker Category – Individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta, and who are currently working in Alberta in an eligible occupation on a Post-Graduation Work Permit, may be eligible for this program.
To read more about eligibility requirements for the AINP Strategic Recruitment stream, click here.
This stream allows employers to nominate workers to the AINP for Canadian immigration. In this way, applicants have the comfort of knowing that their job prospects are bright after becoming permanent residents, and employers can more easily retain the workers they need. This stream consists of three sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker Category: – For individuals with a permanent, full-time job offer in an eligible skilled occupation. Individuals are not required to be working in Alberta at the time of application.
- International Graduate Category – For individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, hold a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit, and have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category – For temporary foreign workers who have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation.
To learn more about eligibility requirements for the AINP Employer-Driven stream, click here.
This stream allows individuals with the farming experience and personal funds to purchase and develop a farm in Alberta and apply for permanent residence. Successful applicants are farm owners/operators who plan to live in Alberta in order to purchase and manage their farming business.
To read more about eligibility requirements for the AINP Employer-Driven stream, click here.
Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.
At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.