+1(604)-591-3818 | Suite #200-11957, 80 Ave Delta, BC, Canada.


Parent or Grandparent Sponsorship

Canadian citizens / permanent residents may bring their parents and grandparents to Canada through one of two programs: Family Class sponsorship and/or the Super Visa.

Note: The Parent and Grandparent Immigration Program will reopen on January 3, 2017, with a cap of 10,000 applications.

The Family Class sponsorship program includes an immigration stream for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. To be eligible for this program, the sponsor in Canada must meet the following requirements:
  • The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
  • The sponsor must be 18 years of age or older;
  • The sponsor must exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program (if married or in a common-law relationship, the combined may be included);
  • The sponsor must sign an undertaking to repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years, if necessary; and
    • Sponsors residing in Quebec, must sign an additional "undertaking".

Sponsors are required to prove that they meet the minimum income requirements by submitting notices of assessment issued by Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship and they must also demonstrate they have met the minimum necessary income level for three consecutive years.

Super Visa Program

The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens/ Permanent Residents to come to Canada as long-term visitors. Successful applicants receive multiple-entry visitor visas that may last for up to 10 years. Unlike the regular visitor visas, which must be renewed every six months, a Super Visa remains valid for a two years period at one time.

To be eligible for the Super Visa program, parents and grandparents must, besides meeting the regular visitor visa requirements, also meet the following requirements:
  • Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada;
  • Show that the sponsor in Canada meets minimum income requirements;
  • Prove they have purchased Canadian health insurance for at least one year; and
  • Complete an immigration medical examination.

Free Consultation

Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.

At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message