+1(604)-591-3818 | Suite #200-11957, 80 Ave Delta, BC, Canada.


Canada Study Permit

In most cases you will require to obtain a study permit to study in Canada.

A Study Permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which allows the foreign national to study in Canada for a period of time as specified. Most international students will require a Study Permit to study in Canada.

Obtaining a study permit

1. If you are a prospective student, you should first decide on the program you wish to pursue, and determine the institution that best suits for your field of study.

2. Once the program of study has been finalized, you are required to get admission to the University/ College.

3. Once the admission to a college has been obtained, you can begin applying for a study permit and, if necessary, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). A TRV may be required if you are a citizen of a country from which Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires TRVs for entry into Canada. A TRV is not required for citizens of visa exempt countries.

  • When applying for a study permit, it is important to remember that IRCC may require you to undergo medical examinations and provide Police Clearance Certificates.
  • If you wish to study in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec, you will also require approval from immigration authorities of the Government of Quebec.
After arrival

Once you arrive in Canada, you must maintain your study permit and obtain work authorization.

1. After obtaining a study permit, students may need to renew or change the study permit during the course of their studies in Canada.

2. Depending on your program, you may be eligible to work while studying

After graduation, many students choose to stay in Canada to live and work

1. Many graduates are eligible to receive post-graduation work permits to facilitate their stay.

2. A post-graduation work permit may help facilitate an application for Canadian Permanent Residency, especially through either the Federal Skilled Worker Class; Canadian Experience Class or Quebec Experience Class.

Contact us should you need assistance with your study permit application.

Free Consultation

Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.

At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message