Immigration to Modern, Manitoba
Morden is a city lying 112 km southwest of Winnipeg with a population of around 9,000. The local unemployment rate is around 3 percent.
The Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative takes an active role in identifying new permanent residents to the community under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). Successful candidates and their dependent family members will become permanent residents of Canada.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Morden immigration initiative, candidates must:
- Be between 21 and 45 years of age;
- Have no other connection to other parts of Canada (i.e. through friends, relatives, or previous employment or education);
- Have completed a post-secondary education or training program of at least one year duration, for which they received a diploma, certificate, or degree;
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years;
- Have passed a General IELTS test with a minimum score of five in each band;
- Have the genuine intention and ability to economically establish themselves and settle in Morden; and
- Have settlement funds as required by MPNP ($10,000 for the Principal Applicant and $2,000 for each dependent). This is in addition to any funds needed for exploratory visit expenses.
The Morden immigration initiative works with local employers to identify these targeted occupations and satisfy local labour market needs. Candidates must fall within one of the following targeted occupations:
- Manufacturing (specifically at entry level);
- Factory sewing machine operators, and
- Heavy vehicle mechanics.
The initiative favours candidates who have experience of living in a rural area. Individuals who have the potential to adapt to culture and climate. Candidates who fulfil the criteria and have been selected as potential immigrants to Morden under the initiative will require to make an exploratory visit to the area. The purpose of the visit is to pass the MPNP interview, though making local contacts and seeking employment opportunities may also be suggested.
Find out if you are eligible Click Here.
Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.
At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.