Federal Skilled Worker Class (Professionals)
From Jan 01, 2015, the Federal Skilled Worker applications are being processed through the Express Entry Immigration System. Eligible applicants must first make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada by creating an online Express Entry Profile.
To be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, an applicant must have the following Mandatory Requirements:
- Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill lever 0, A or B);
- Meet the minimum threshold of language ability in either one of Canada's two official languages; English or French.
- Must have a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, OR
- Must have completed a foreign credential and must have the foreign educational credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC.
In addition to the above, the applicants must obtain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC) six selection factors as listed below
- Education: Applicants can be awarded up to a maximum of 25 points for your education.
- Language Skills: Applicants can be awarded up to a total of 28 total points (24 Points for the first official language & 4 points for the second official language).
- Work Experience: Applicants can be awarded up to a total of 15 points for the skilled work experience they have gained in the last 10 years.
- Age: Applicants can be awarded up to a max of 12 points for their age at the time of applying.
- Arranged Employment: Applicants can be awarded up to a maximum of 10 points if they have arranged employment (LMIA supported Job Offer).
- Adaptability: Applicants can be awarded up to a total of 10 points for a number of adaptability factors.
Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.
At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.